Read the article for details on V Narayanan ISRO Wiki, Age, Wife, Family, Education, and Biography.
Dr. V Narayanan is another IITian in ISRO who is serving as a Distinguished Scientist and currently holding the position of Director at the Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC). With a remarkable career spanning several decades, he has made significant contributions to rocket propulsion and space technology. This article will give you a glimpse into V Narayanan ISRO Wiki, Age, Wife, Family, Education, and Biography.
V Narayanan ISRO Wiki, Bio
|Full name||Dr. V Narayanan|
|Native place||Nagercoil, Kanyakumari|
|Education|| M. Tech. from IIT Kharagpur|
Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering
|Known for||Director at Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC), ISRO|
V Narayanan Age, Biography
V Narayanan is a 57-year-old ISRO scientist and IITian. His native place is Nagercoil, Kanyakumari district. Narayanan is among the famous scientists in the Chandryaan 3 mission, along with other famous IITians in ISRO. You can read about the 6 famous IITians in ISRO who played a pivotal role in the Chandrayaan-3 mission.
V Narayanan Wife, Family
Dr V Narayanan’s wifes’s name is not known. His birthplace is Nagercoil, Kanyakumari.
V Narayanan Education
Dr. Narayanan is an alumnus of the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
He obtained his M. Tech. in Cryogenic Engineering with First Rank in 1989.
Narayanan earned a Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering in 2001.
V Narayanan ISRO
- Dr. Narayanan joined ISRO in 1984 and has held various pivotal organizational roles.
- He served as the Project Director for the C25 Cryogenic Project, leading the successful development of the C25 Cryogenic Stage powered by a 20-tonne thrust Cryogenic Engine.
- His leadership was instrumental in the successful launch of the GSLV Mk III vehicle in its maiden attempt on June 5, 2017.
- Dr. Narayanan played a crucial role in developing the Cryogenic Upper Stage (CUS) for the GSLV Mk II vehicle when India faced challenges in acquiring Cryogenic Propulsion Technology.
- He designed a 200-tonne thrust Lox-Kerosene Semi Cryogenic Rocket Engine.
- During his initial years at ISRO (1984-1988), he contributed to realising Solid Propulsion Systems for launch vehicles.
- As Associate Director of LPSC, he guided ISRO’s liquid propulsion activities and formulated the Liquid Propulsion Roadmap for the organization’s next 20 years.
- He served as the Chairman of a National Level Expert Committee for Chandrayaan-2 mission observations.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recipient of the Silver Medal from IIT Kharagpur for First Rank in M.Tech.
- Awarded the Gold Medal from the Astronautical Society of India (ASI).
- Received the ASI Award for Rocket and Related Technologies Development.
- Honored with a Team Award from the High Energy Materials Society of India (HEMSI).
- Recognized with ISRO’s Performance Excellence Award, Outstanding Achievement Award, and Team Excellence Awards.
- Conferred with an Honorary Degree of Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) from Sathyabama University, Chennai.
- Awarded the Distinguished Alumnus Award in 2018 by IIT Kharagpur.
- Received the National Design Award in 2019 from the National Design & Research Forum of the Institution of Engineers (India).
- Dr. Narayanan is a Fellow/Member of various national and international engineering, space, and rocketry organizations.
- He holds the position of Corresponding Member of the International Aeronautics and Astronautics.
- He is a Governing Council Member of the Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE).