In this article, we will delve into the personal life of Jack Lew Wife and his family who have been his biggest supporters.
Jack Lew is a family man who has been married to his high school sweetheart, Ruth Schwartz. Together, they have two children, named Isaac and Shoshana. Jack Lew family follow Jewish customs and traditions, including observing the ‘Sabbath,’ a day of rest and worship in the Jewish faith.
Jack Lew Wife, Family, And Personal Life
|Full Name||Jacob Joseph Lew (Jack Lew)|
|Date of Birth||August 29, 1955|
|Birthplace||New York, New York, United States|
|Education||A.B. from Harvard (1978)|
Doctor of Jurisprudence (J.D.) from Georgetown University Law Center (1983)
|Children||Isaac Lew, Shoshana Lew|
Jack Lew was born in New York City on August 29, 1955, to his parents Ruth and Irving Lew. His family is of Jewish heritage, and he grew up in New York City, attending public schools in the area. He graduated from ‘Forest Hills High School’ in Queens and later earned his undergraduate degree (A.B.) from ‘Harvard’ in 1978. He continued his education at the ‘Georgetown University Law Center,’ where he received a Doctor of Jurisprudence (J.D.) degree in 1983. In 2014, he was also honoured with an ‘Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters’ from Georgetown University.
Jack Lew’s Wife
Jacob Lew shares a deep bond with his wife, Ruth Schwartz. Their love story began in high school, and they’ve been inseparable ever since. Ruth Schwartz is Jack Lew’s high school sweetheart. During his tenure as Chief of Staff in Washington, Jack Lew commuted between the nation’s capital and their home in the Riverdale neighborhood of the Bronx, New York City. This arrangement allowed him to fulfil his professional duties while staying close to the place he and Ruth call home.
Jack Lew Family
Jack Lew is a family man who has been married to his high school sweetheart, Ruth Schwartz. Together, they have two children, named Isaac and Shoshana. Jack and his family follow Jewish customs and traditions, including observing the ‘Sabbath,’ a day of rest and worship in the Jewish faith.
Jack Lew Career
- Jack Lew began his career as a legislative assistant to Representative Joe Moakley.
- He later worked as a senior policy adviser to ‘House Speaker’ Tip O’Neill.
- Clinton Administration: In 1993, Lew joined the Clinton administration, contributing to programs like ‘AmeriCorps’ and healthcare reform.
- Director of OMB: Under President Clinton, he became the Director of the ‘Office of Management and Budget’ (OMB), overseeing budget and policy matters.
- After leaving public office, he worked at ‘New York University’ and later became the ‘Chief Operating Officer’ of ‘Citigroup’s Alternative Investments unit.’
- In 2009, he returned to government as the first ‘Deputy Secretary of State for Management and Resources’ under President Obama.
- He served as the ‘White House Chief of Staff’ during President Obama’s second term.
- Despite some controversy, Jack Lew was nominated and confirmed as the ‘Secretary of the Treasury’ in 2013, serving until 2017.
- After his term as Treasury Secretary, he joined the private equity firm ‘Lindsay Goldberg’ and became a visiting professor at Columbia University.
- Jack Lew’s distinctive and almost unreadable signature gained attention during his nomination as ‘Treasury Secretary,’ leading to discussions about how it would appear on currency notes. He eventually modified his signature.