Debra Redden History And Profile
- Full Name: Debra Redden Delone
- Age: 30
- Residence: Las Vegas, Nevada
In a shocking incident at the Regional Justice Center in Las Vegas, Debra Redden Delone attacked Clark County District Judge Mary Kay Holthus during a hearing. The attack occurred as Judge Holthus denied Redden bail after losing his felony battery case. The violent scene, captured on video, has sparked widespread interest and concern.
Debra Redden Las Vegas Attack
Debra Redden Delone leaped over a defense table and the judge’s bench, landing atop Judge Mary Kay Holthus. The incident, involving a bloody brawl with court officials and attorneys, unfolded during Redden’s sentencing for aggravated battery with substantial bodily harm. Both Judge Holthus and a courtroom marshal were injured during the attack.
Debra Redden Full Video
JUST IN: New video shows defendant Delone Redden jump over the bench and violently attack Judge Mary Kay Holthus during…Posted by COURT TV on Wednesday, 3 January 2024
Judge Mary Kay Holthus Injuries and Response
Judge Holthus, an experienced prosecutor with over 27 years of service, suffered injuries but was not hospitalized. The courtroom marshal, who came to the judge’s aid, was hospitalized for a bleeding gash on his forehead and a dislocated shoulder. The court and the Nevada Attorney General’s office released statements commending the heroic acts of those who subdued the defendant.
Debra Redden History
- Redden faced a felony battery case, having previously pleaded guilty to charges including battery, robbery, assault, injury to property, and coercion.
- Records revealed a previous competency determination in October, finding him competent despite a history of violent behavior.
The Courtroom Attack
- Redden, seeking probation, pleaded guilty in a previous hearing but faced imprisonment.
- In a viral video, he attacked Judge Holthus after she denied his probation request, leading to a chaotic scene in the courtroom.
- Redden faces new felony charges, including battery on a protected person (referring to the judge and court officers).
Aftermath and Arrest
- Court and jail officers, along with courtroom staff, subdued Redden after a struggle.
- He was arrested and jailed at the Clark County Detention Center, facing multiple charges.
- The attack has prompted a review of courthouse safety protocols by officials.
Judge Mary Kay Holthus
- Elected to the state court bench in 2018 and re-elected in 2022.
- Over 27 years of service with the Clark County District Attorney’s Office.
- Experienced prosecutor specializing in Cases Against Women and Children.